Crisis PR strategy
When some public relations crises inevitably erupt, your attitude often directly affects the outcome. It's like a person who did something wrong, didn't do it well, or twisted his neck to quibble, but imagined that the ending would only be worse. So courageous to take responsibility, even if it may be a financial loss, but sometimes it may turn a crisis into a favorable opportunity for brand promotion. For this reason, those who understand how to navigate sailing boats against the water are well versed in this.
When facing a public relations crisis, we should adopt a decisive response strategy in order to effectively resolve the crisis or minimize the negative effects brought by the crisis. Aiming at the following eight strategies that can effectively resolve the crisis to deal with the crisis of public relations, it will have a positive effect.
1. Raising crisis public relations to a strategic height The main reason for the failure of many crisis public relations
today is that the seemingly small events are not taken seriously. The impact and hazards of the incident are constantly increasing, and they cannot even be cleaned up and developed to the point where they are completely out of control. All correct practices are that when a PR crisis occurs, regardless of the size of the incident, we must attach great importance to it, from a strategic perspective, and treat it with caution, and the specific treatment must be integrated, systematic, comprehensive, and continuous. Only in this way can the crisis be resolved quickly and the harm be minimized. After the crisis, the event organizers and operators must be involved from top to bottom, and the top leadership must pay special attention to it. Only when all decisions are promulgated or led by the top leadership can they ensure the effectiveness of implementation.
2. Find out the nature and root cause of the problem Many crisis public relations personnel deal with the unfavorable reasons. Most of them only see the surface phenomenon, and catch the problem where it goes wrong, but the essential root problem has not been solved, which ultimately leads to only the symptoms and not the root causes. If you press the gourd and start a scoop, the crisis cannot be resolved quickly and completely, and even the situation will continue to expand. Therefore, when a crisis occurs, you should objectively and comprehensively understand the entire incident, and then calmly observe the core of the problem, find the key and root of the problem, study the relevant laws and regulations, thoroughly understand the problem, or hire a professional public relations company to recruit the pulse to avoid. Don't rush to a fire with a broom, take a picture where there is fire.
3. Faster than the speed of fire fighting. In the event of a public relations crisis, the reaction speed is faster than the speed of fire fighting. Therefore, this is more dangerous than the fire that burns down the company's factory building. The crisis is consuming the credibility of the corporate brand. Speed is the number one principle in crisis public relations. If there is a crack in the dyke, it is very easy to repair it immediately. If the speed is slow, the dam may break in tens of minutes. When a company is in crisis, it is like a crack on the dyke. Immediately stepping forward can avoid many losses, but because it seems Small issues, lack of attention or lack of experience in crisis management, etc., thus missed the best time to deal with it, which will lead to the continuous expansion and spread of events.
4. All issues should provoke all the voices and responsibilities of questioning as soon as possible after the occurrence of the crisis event. You should not be vague, not ambiguous, not slow, and then take the most negative Responsible attitude and factual action quickly deal with the incident. In fact, after many crisis incidents, the media, the audience, and even the victims did not pay much attention to the incident itself, and more concerned about the attitude of the responsible person. Indifference, arrogance, and push committee attitudes will increase public anger and amplify the incident itself.
5. Communicate, communicate, or communicate.
80% of the contradiction comes from the lack of communication, and many things will be resolved smoothly as long as proper communication is possible. Communication is one of the most necessary tasks when a PR crisis occurs. First of all, communicate with all employees to let everyone know the details of the incident in order to cooperate with crisis public relations activities, such as maintaining consistent caliber and consistent behavior. The next step is to communicate with the media. You must provide the media with the actual event situation and the development of the event at any time, because if you do not publish the news, the media and the public will guess, and the conclusions inferred are often negative. Therefore, at this time, the information and event processing progress must be announced to the public through the media in a timely and frank manner. This can effectively fill the "vacuum period" of public opinion at this time, because this "vacuum period" you do not fill it, gossip, speculation, and even It is the malicious spread of information from competitors that will fill it. Then it is to communicate with the government and relevant departments, to get support or understanding from the government, and even help, which is very helpful to control the development of the situation. At the same time, we must communicate with partners, so as not to cause misunderstanding and unnecessary panic.
6. Let others speak for themselves If there is no problem when they are in crisis, they are usually eager to jump out to refute and fight with the media, the audience, and even the government. This often results in the loss of the public even if the truth of the fact is cleared Favor for it will more easily lead to the expansion of the incident, to corporate integrity issues, social responsibility issues, etc., which leads to reasonable things but no reason. At this time, you should take a positive attitude and do not talk too much about the media and the public. Then immediately ask a third-party authority to intervene and let the authority speak for themselves. After you have evidence, you should actively contact the media and let the media serve Speak for yourself and let consumers speak for themselves when necessary, but try not to speak for yourself when the incident is not yet clear and the public is still misunderstood. If you do have responsibilities and faults, don't go out and talk too much, just say: "Sorry, we will bear all the responsibilities" and then use the facts to prove that after stabilizing public sentiment, use the media and relevant departments Crisis public relations, such as publishing the company's correction process, will not cause much harm to consumers, etc., eliminate consumer dissatisfaction, gain sympathy, and then let the incident pass as soon as possible.
7. Shifting the focus When a public relations crisis occurs in the company, it is necessary to attract the public's attention as soon as possible after proper handling. Otherwise, entanglement will be very detrimental to the company. After proper handling, let the aftershocks of the incident end as soon as possible. Such as launching new products, new inventions, corporate donations and other related news to divert public attention.
8. Turn risks into benefits and create business opportunities in crisis. When the company has a public relations crisis event, the media and the public have a high degree of attention. At this time, if the corporate crisis public relations
approach is proper, it can not only resolve the crisis, but also increase the visibility of the company or brand. Good corporate image.
Therefore, as a crisis public relations company operating an enterprise, all its activities are closely related to the public. In general, enterprises should take precautions beforehand, establish a comprehensive crisis prevention plan mechanism, and set up a danger line. When some of the company's behavior touches this danger Immediate attention is paid when the line is taken, and immediate treatment can usually prevent the occurrence of most crises, at least the crisis can be controlled to a minimum. If the scale and momentum of the event is large, a crisis public relations company department dedicated to handling corporate crises should be set up at this time in order to respond quickly and sensitively and effectively control or avoid risks.